EX8: Final Projects

Game Model:

Modelling:

For this model, I decided to go with a pumpkin as I have always been a fan of halloween-styled ideas, and so for the game model, I went with a low-poly pumpkin, which is reminiscent of designs you would find in PS1 games.

prog 1

I started off with a sphere primitive, and moved some of the points to change the shape of it.

prog 2

I then selected the edges of the shape and began scaling them down to create the bumps seen in a natural pumpkin.

prog 3

For this step, I then took a cylinder primitive, changed the amount of faces and then used the edge loop tool to create divisions, and extruded them to create the stalk.

UV’ing:

prog 4

I first used the ‘automatic’ tool to break down the UV, and began using the move and sew tool to stitch the parts together.

Prog 5

This being the final result.

prog 6

These were the settings that I used for the exporting the snapshot of the UV map, which can then be used in Photoshop.

Texturing:

UV

This was how the UV looked when exported into Photoshop, ready for me to then texture.

texture.PNG

This was me designing the texture for the pumpkin, as you can see I tried putting emphasis on where the pumpkin’s bumps would normally be.

Pumpkin UV Finished

This is the texture without the UV layer visible, ready to be exported into Maya.

final.PNG

And this is how the model looked after applying the texture onto it.

Rendering:

 

These were the final renders of my model, rendered using MentalRay.

Poly count

Poly-count for the final model.

VFX Model:

Modelling:

For my VFX model, I wanted to create a character from one of my most favourite animated films, ‘Spirited Away’, it is based off the character called ‘No-Face’.

1
Using a picture on a picture plane for reference, I started with a cube primitive and used the scale tool to increase its length, then with the use of the extrude tool, began matching it to the shape of the mask.

2

This is the finished shape and how it looks when smooth (with the 3 key).

3

Next up, I used 2 cylinder primitives and a cube primitive to model the shapes for the eyes and mouth respectively, and then used the ‘difference’ boolean to create the holes in the mask for the eyes and mouth.

4

After this, following a similar process I used cube primitives to create the smaller details in the character’s mask, with use of the same boolean but not all the way through.

6

With the mask finished, this was the finished result.

what ever

For the body, I started with a sphere primitive and added subdivisions to change its width and height to create the crooked appearance.

sdffa

After the body was finished, I then moved the mask into the top section of it, to match the character’s design.

gasgfds

I then used cylinder primitives to begin the arms and then used the edge loop tool to model them further.

adfaasd

This being the final result of the model after attaching the arms.

UV’ing and Texturing:

NEW UV FOR NO FACE

No matter what I would do, UV would not cooperate with me and mess up completely each time I tried, so for this I had to leave it in ‘automatic’ .

No Face UV Final.png

This is how the texture looked in Photoshop.

Rendering:

 

These are the final renders of my model, rendered using MentalRay.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s